Jen Lancaster is funny. That is the only word I can use to describe her. She is funny. Laugh out loud, snort your drink out of your nose, kind of funny. Bright Lights, Big Ass is a collection of essays (with a scattering of emails throughout) ranging from topics about the Holy Trinity (Target, Trader Joe’s and IKEA) to her all-out war with a little red squirrel whose main purpose it is to antagonize her dogs. I LOVED this book and am going to check out both Pretty in Plaid and Bitter is the New Black and her newest book, Such a Pretty Fat. She also has a website you might want to check out.
My AP Literature and Composition students are working on their senior presentations. I have promised them that I too will complete a research project. This blog has been a huge part of my project, as I am researching why people blog. I have read several articles pertaining to my topic, but I would love to gather as much information from “real live bloggers”, if at all possible. So, if you are willing to participate, I have a few questions I would love to ask you. Perhaps we could make this a meme and you could post in on your on blog and just leave a link under my comments…..
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
4. How many times a week do you post an entry?
5. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?
6. Do you comment on other people’s blogs?
7. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Is so, are you satisfied with your numbers?
8. Do you ever regret a post that you wrote?
9. Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog?
10. Do you blog under your real name?
11. Are there topics that you would never blog about?
12. What is the theme/topic of your blog?
13. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
Thanks for participating!
Luxury Reading has a fantastic book giveaway going on for the month of May in honor of it being Latino Heritage Month. Check it out.